The web page you requested was not found.
Either the page has not as yet been uploaded, or you may have typed the address incorrectly.
Please verify you have the correct address.
Please contact us and let us know if the link is incorrect or broken.
Please also bear in mind this website is still in development.
Highcross in High Quality... High Definition Video
September 26th 2008 - New HD WEB VIDEO - The Opening of the Highcross in Leicester.
We were able to video the opening day at the highcross which we are pleased to make availble to you here to show what the highcross is all about.
Here in this HD web Video you can see Part 1.
Highcross in High Quality... High Resolution... photo slide shows
September 15th 2008 - New Slide Show
We have made available a second highcross quarter hi res photo slideshow showing the highcross by night with all its illuminated spaces and venues.
As part of the development an old school dating back some 500 yrs or so was repaired and brought back to its former glory or as close to it as possible.
Now used as a marketing suite with possible use as a restaurant on the cards.
For many years this had been used as a car hire plot that saw the building more or less run down and neglected.
Welcome | Press
Worldwide Press Coverage...
Reuters and the Press Association picked the story up on the 19th July 2007.
Webwordwizards had worked with our clients to produce a press release which was set up on the high cross quarter websites.
Even as late as Dec 2007 the ladies of the wiccan group and the dispute was still in the news. Morrigan Wisecraft was somewhat flattered and taken aback when we told her that her group was sharing the same headline as the Northern Rock collapse in the Leicester Mercury.
Image: Copyright Northcliffe Newspapers (Leicester Mercury)
Welcome | News
Do you have information for this website?
We recognise that although we played a part centre stage in the domain name battle and renaming controversy surrounding the Highcross Leicester, that their exists information and facts pertaining to this whole matter of which we are not aware.
We get information on a daily basis that we can present on this website from well wishers who often wish to remain anonymous.
If you would like to contact us and provide such information that we might consider for this website either about the Highcross Leicester, the name dispute and name change or intellectual property disputes in general please don't hesitate to get in touch.
0116 2166 124
The impact this name dispute had on people.
This dispute involving the Highcross Leicester, its developers, the ladies of the wiccan group and Webwordwizards the IT Consultants and Website designers for the High Cross Quarter website for the wiccan group spanned some 12 months from start to finish from September 2006 through to October 2007. Read more...
The lessons for other small groups.
Other small groups can benefit from the lessons learned by the ladies of the wiccan group who stood to have their domain name seized in this way.
Our advice as the consultants and web designers upon whose shoulders it fell to defend this case is:
1) Always keep any emails or hard copy records surrounding the discussions you have with fellow group members as well as your internet consultants.
2) Although this is no guarantee that you wont have issues at a later date you should acquire your domain names at the earliest opportunity.
3) A good internet consultant will always know to advise you to acquire all the top level domains pertaining to your web project. This principally means the .com but also the .info, .org and .net. The lower level but useful country domain the .co.uk should also not be forgotten.
A common error by inexperienced consultants is to forget to advise you to consider also the hyphenated domain like this one for this site or for example gum-tree.com. So don't forget to acquire the hyphenated versions of your name if your name uses multiple words.
4) Portable information access is future so ALWAYS ALWAYS get the .mobi domain and if you can not then choose another name. It is that important.
5) Don't be intimidated by Corporate Goliaths if they come after you for your domain names. As in our case they may offer ridiculous sums many thousands of times over the actual cost of the names but if you don't want to sell then don't!
Get advice from a good IT Consultant and stand your ground.